Undergraduate Student Ambassador Program
Who are the UW German Studies Student Ambassadors?
Our Student Ambassadors are undergraduate German Studies majors who want to connect with prospective and current students to share their experiences and support them with the college/major decision process.
What do Student Ambassadors do?
There are a wide variety of ways for student ambassadors to get involved, based on their interests. A few options include:
Interact with prospective students
- Answer prospective student questions about the Department of German Studies
- Create a web student profile where prospective student can learn about your academic path
Represent German Studies at events:
- Student Panels (exploring majors, careers, etc.)
- DawgDaze Student Activities Fair
- Local High School Outreach
What’s the time commitment like?
All applicants must be able to attend an interview training/check-in meeting. Typical time commitment for volunteers is 1-2 hours/quarter, with increased opportunities to get involved during tabling events. We ask Student Ambassadors to commit to participating in the program through one academic year but you are welcome to continue with the program for multiple years.
What will I get out of this experience?
- Develop leadership, communication and public speaking skills
- Develop skills and boost your resume
Welcome and support future members of the German-language speaking community while connecting with your peers.
You will help future students explore UW and the German Studies major and will provide them with the tools needed to be successful in their time at UW.
Receive training and mentorship throughout the program and access ambassador-only career development/networking opportunities.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org